That’s right I’ll be there, with a table for Turbo Sloth in the Artist’s Alley! It’s only the second Webcomic Convention I’ve ever gone to, and the first one was just as a fan (NEWW 2010). I’ll be giving away some buttons stickers and stuff for next to nothing, but I’m really just there to meet people and stuff. So if you’re going, definitely feel free to stop by and say hi!
That’s right, I just spend money from my OWN wallet to buy some merch!
Is it cool, fancy stuff like T-shirts and full-on comic books and plushies of your favorite Turbo Sloth characters?!! NO!!! But I got some small pins with a Turbo Sloth comic on them, some bookmarks with another comic on them, and even some stickers (kinda like small bumper stickers) that say “I tip cows 15%”, loosely derived from this comic http://www.turbosloth.net/?p=285
I mean, I’m a broke college student now, so that’s a kinda big deal. But how and where can you get your hands on all of these sweet goodies? I’ll tell you how, in another blog post, that I’ll put up tomorrow, since I’m late for class! Can you handle the suspense? Probably.
Hello, and welcome to the new Turbo Sloth! I know it’s a lot different from our old layout, though we made sure to keep some things the same. A big shoutout goes out to my friend Mark Grinberg, who helped me design the site as I am a total technopeasant. We decided to go for a retro feel for Turbo Sloth, since, I mean, it is a MS Paint webcomic. Here are some cool new features:
- A blog! As you probably noticed if you are reading this. This will update with any new Turbo Sloth news or whenever I feel like it. We can also use this to link to people who are awesome enough to draw us guest comics and guest art! If you want to read older posts, just click the button below to find previous entries.
- Comment Section! That’s right, you can finally comment on the comics! I’d love to hear your thoughts, and of course additional jokes always make it better. Just don’t be trollin’.
- Easier to use Archive!– Our old one was pretty wack. This should at least be easier to use, and it’s all on one page so you need fewer clicks to find the Turbo Sloth comic of your choosing.
- Buttons! – We’ll have a Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook buttons so you can upvote, retweet, and/or “like” the individual comics
- Less Comic Sans! – You miss it already, amirite?
Let me know what you think! I’ll still be willing to make changes to the site if there’s enough demand for it. The comics will still be the same (though hopefully funnier) and will still be updating every M-W-F. Hope you enjoy!
- Ben Pernick
Edit: Mouse over text is coming! Send bug reports away if you find anything going wrong!